10.28.2009

Back to the Future. I mean, present

Most of my work at Mica has turned out a little rough so far. Between all of the different classes I only have a couple of pieces that I feel are completely rendered, or show off something that is new and exciting. I'm turning a corner though I can feel it, where I am thinking more about my work and what i am trying to achieve rather than just achieving what the teacher has assigned and completing the work according to their standards.

SO, here are some pieces that I am genuinely proud of. This piece is 77" inches wide. The assignment was a self portrait nude, and a self portrait transgendered. I had a lot of fun with this, suggesting a relationship between my male and female counterparts, because i would probably hang out naked with myself all the time. haha

Here's a view of me working on it.





here's another of the finished with, just so you can see how big it is.









On the flip side here is a piece from my illustration class.
the assignment was to incorporate letters with images. I knew i wanted to do animals, but animals cannot really make an A or a B unless they are warped or........



Roadkill.












last but not least, here's a happy drunk old man. I love old people. the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment